Policy on data protection and privacy
Play Curious, may collect and process some personal information from visitors and users as part of its daily operation. There are two activities in particular which require this:
- Email marketing campaign (the Curious Club newsletter) with the subscription form for those users who wish to sign up
- Web analytics for the web site
This policy document on data protection and privacy is meant to provide a clear and concise view on how Play Curious gathers, processes, and stores data about its users. By visiting our web site and using our services, you acknowledge having read and understood this document, as well as the data gathering, storing, and processing activities described.
Play Curious respects the privacy of its users, and takes issues around confidentiality of personal information seriously. We are committed to follow the applicable laws and regulations, notably the French law 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to computer systems, files, and freedoms (the "Loi Informatique et Liberté"), and the EU regulation 2016/679 from the EU Parliament and Counsel of April 27 2016 relating to data protection and privacy (the "GDPR").
- Personal data also known as personal information or personally identifiable information (PII), is any information relating to an identifiable person.
- Processing personal data is any operation on personal data, whatever the process used, and notably the collection, storage, organization, conservation, adaptation, modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication by transmission, diffusion, or any other other form of sharing, as well as deletion and destruction.
- A Cookie is information stored on the computer of a visitor to a website by the site they are visiting. A cookie contains the the name of the server that stored it, a unique identifier, and possibly an expiration date.
Data Protection Officer
Contact information for the data protection officer:
Name : Himmelstein. First name : Jesse
Address : 4 rue des Cerisiers
Postal code : 66000. City : Perpignan
Email address : email@example.com
Play Curious collects information about users and visitors in the following cases:
Newsletter subscription - Play Curious offers users the possibility to sign up to its newsletter, via a secure form. This subscription is not necessary for simply visiting the website. The users are clearly informed of the conditions of this subscription, and can unsubscribe at any time through a link on the bottom of each email sent. The data gathered are the following: first name, last name, email address, date of subscription, and IP address (for geolocalisation purposes). This information is stored securely on the SendinBlue platform, which is responsible for storing this personal information.
Web analytics - Play Curious performs statistical analysis on visitors to its website using the Google Analytics tool. No sensitive personal information is gathered during this analysis. The information gathered is the following: navigation preferences, geolocalisation of the connected device, device used, demographic information (age, gender, if provided by the device), and the IP address (anonymized).
Use of your personal data
Your personal data (first name, last name, email address) will be used to send you a newsletter about our company as well as related subjects, such as video games and science.
Third-parties with which we share your personal data
Your personal information will not be sold nor sent to third-parties for commercial purposes.
The personal data we collect are meant for our internal sales and web marketing services at Play Curious. They are stored on the Sendinblue platform which is responsible for keeping them secure.
Time limit on keeping your data
Unlimited, or more precisely we keep your data as long as Play Curious uses the SendinBlue platform for sending out the newsletter. In case we remove the tool, your information will be permanently deleted from the platform. You any also use your right be be forgotten or right to object at any time, as described in the next paragraph.
Your rights as subscriber to our newsletter
As subscriber to our newsletter, you have rights in terms of safety of and access to your personal data.
- Right of rectification: your can contact us at any time to modify the data about yourself. Your information will be updated within 30 days, maximum.
- Right of erasure: upon your request, we will permanently erase all data that concerns you within 30 days.
- Right of portability: upon your request, we will export data that concerns you and send it to you in a secure format, using the password of your choice.
- Right of objection: you can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. The link to unsubscribe is at the bottom of each email. The action is immediate but might require confirmation from you. You can subscribe again at any time.
- Right of access: we are transparent about the data we collect and the uses to which we put them.
We use two types of cookies:
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze the performance of the website in order to improve it. We can track which pages are viewed, and what buttons are clicked on.
- Social network cookies: These cookies allow users to share our pages on social networks using the assorted buttons.
How does Sendinblue keep your information safe?
Sendinblue has taken all necessary precautions to preserve the security of personal data and, in particular, to prevent it from being accessed by unauthorized third parties, distorted, or damaged.
These measures include the following:
- Multi-level firewall.
- Proven solutions for anti-virus protection and detection of intrusion attempts.
- Encrypted data transmission using SSL/https/VPN technology.
- Tier 3 and PCI DSS certified data centres.
- In addition, access to processing data on behalf of Sendinblue by the receiving third-party services requires authentication of the persons accessing the data, by means of an individual access code and password, that is sufficiently robust and regularly renewed.
Data transmitted over unsecured communication channels is subject to technical measures designed to make such data incomprehensible to any unauthorised person.
How to contact us
Play Curious SAS
Numéro de SIRET : 84999094000017
Responsable : Jesse Himmelstein
Adresse de messagerie : firstname.lastname@example.org